It is strongly recommended that students consult with their academic advisor one semester prior to applying for graduation.
Each student must submit an online graduation application along with a $50.00 graduation fee. The deadline to apply for graduation online is two weeks before the graduation ceremony date. If you have any questions about applying for graduation, please contact the Records Office at (256) 233-8131.
Directions to Begin the Graduation Application Process
- Click on Athens State Online
- Click on Student Information
- Click on View Student Records
- Click on Graduation Application
- Choose the term you expect to graduate – Ex: Fall 2015
- Click Continue button when prompted to navigate through graduation application
- Under Curriculum Selection page, click on radio button to verify the curriculum (major or program) you are currently enrolled.
If this is incorrect, stop application process, submit a Change of Major form to Records Office or contact the Records Office for assistance.
- In the Graduation Date Field, click down to select your official graduation date that will be used on your transcript and diploma.
- In the Attend Ceremony field, please let us know your plans for the graduation ceremony
- The next two pages, you will be able to define how your name should appear on your diploma and where to mail your diploma.
- For the payment method, click the drop-down arrow and the field will populate “Graduation Fee $50.00 Bill Student’s Account”. Your student account will be charged a $50.00 graduation fee.
- Click Continue to view Graduation Application Summary and after reviewing, click “Submit Request” button to complete the graduation application process.
Graduating Senior Exit Survey
Students are encouraged to complete the Graduating Senior Exit Survey before the end of the semester. The survey should only take 15 minutes of your time. Complete Survey.
All official transcripts showing transfer credit must be received in the Records Office no later than 5 business days prior to graduation to be cleared for graduation.
All SIR (Special Instructional Request) grades must be received in the Records Office no later than 5 business days prior to graduation.