Collaborative 6-12 teachers are responsible for providing detailed and developmentally appropriate instruction to students in grades 6-12 who have cognitive, behavioral, physical, and/or multiple disabilities. The collaborative 6-12 teacher uses a vast range of sound research based strategies to individualize instruction and assist in the learning processes within the secondary school setting.
Collaborative 6-12 teachers design and teach appropriate curricula based on individual students’ needs and abilities, considering academic, behavioral and social aspects of students’ lives. Teachers in the collaborative 6-12 setting often characterize themselves as task-oriented, well organized, and creative with the ability and desire to lead students to success.
Program features include:
- Collaborative 6-12 certification
- Program that includes 13 hours towards a minor/courses to specialize in an area
- Employment in collaborative classrooms including inclusive settings
- Interactive campus and online courses
- Around the clock access to coursework
- Affordable tuition and access to financial aid programs