The Athens State University Center at Wallace State Community College, Hanceville is located on the 7th floor of the Bevill
Building on the Wallace State campus and was created to provide advising and additional services for prospective and current
students as well as to offer some onsite and distance learning course to area students.
The Center is managed by Ms. Helen Marks, who is available to provide general information about all of Athens State University’s
programs as well as assist students with the following:
- Admission processes, including admission application, dual enrollment, etc.
- financial aid processes, including the FAFSA, scholarship information, etc.
- unofficial transcript evaluation and transfer advising, as well as developing an unofficial plan of study
- exam proctoring by appointment
- ongoing support for students while enrolled at Athens State, including assistance with class scheduling and
communication with Athens State main campus faculty and staff
In addition to the services offered by Ms. Marks, onsite and distance learning courses are frequently offered in
early childhood and elementary education, management, math, public safety and health care management, and additional
programs on occasion.
To contact Ms. Marks, you may reach her by phone at 256-352-8090 or 256-352-8091, or via email at
While walk-ins are always welcome, to ensure you are able to meet with Ms. Marks, appointments are always recommended. And, as always, we’re thankful for your interest in Athens State University!