The Athens State University Center at Northeast Alabama Community College is located in Room 107 of the Gym on the Northeast
Alabama Community College campus in Rainsville, Alabama and was created to provide advising and additional services for prospective
and current students as well as to offer some onsite and distance learning courses to area students.
The Center is managed by Dr. Kathy Buck, who is available to provide general information about all of Athens State University’s
programs as well as assist students with the following:
In addition to the services offered by Dr. Buck, onsite and distance learning courses are frequently offered in math, education,
accounting, management, and additional programs on occasion.
- admission processes, including admission application, dual enrollment, etc.
- financial aid processes, including the FAFSA, scholarship information, etc.
- unofficial transcript evaluation and transfer advising, as well as developing an unofficial plan of study
- exam proctoring by appointment
- ongoing support for students while enrolled at Athens State, including assistance with class scheduling and communication
with Athens State main campus faculty and staff
To contact Dr. Buck, you may reach her by phone 256-638-3736 or via email at
Kathy.Buck@athens.edu. To ensure you are able to meet with Dr. Buck, appointments are always recommended. And, as always, we’re
thankful for your interest in Athens State University!