The Athens State University Distance Learning Center at Northwest-Shoals Community College was created to provide advising and
additional services for prospective and current students as well as to offer some distance learning courses to area students. The
Muscle Shoals campus office is located at the Bevill Center-Room 151A, and the Phil Campbell campus office is located in the Student
The Center is managed by Ms. Nora Lee, who is available to provide general information about all of Athens State University’s
programs as well as assist students with the following:
- admission processes, including admission application, dual enrollment, etc.
- financial aid processes, including the FAFSA, scholarship information, etc.
- unofficial transcript evaluation and transfer advising, as well as developing an unofficial plan of study
- scheduling exam appointments with the NWSCC Testing Center
- ongoing support for students while enrolled at Athens State, including assistance with class scheduling and
communication with Athens State main campus faculty and staff
In addition to the services offered by Ms. Lee, distance learning courses are frequently offered in education as well
as additional programs on occasion.
For student convenience, Ms. Lee maintains office hours at both campuses. To contact Ms. Lee, you may reach
her by phone at 256-331-8084 or via email at Nora.Lee@athens.edu.
To ensure you are able to meet with Ms. Lee, appointments are always recommended. And, as always, we’re thankful for your
interest in Athens State University!