The Athens State University Distance Learning Center at Wallace Community College, Selma is located in the Administration
Building on the Wallace Community College campus and was created to provide advising and additional services for prospective and
current students as well as to offer distance learning courses to area students.
The Center is managed by Ms. Jowanda Cobb, who is available to provide general information about all of Athens State University’s
programs as well as assist students with the following:
In addition to the services offered by Ms. Cobb, distance learning courses are frequently offered in education and additional
programs on occasion.
- admission processes, including admission application, dual enrollment, etc.
- financial aid processes, including the FAFSA, scholarship information, etc.
- unofficial transcript evaluation and transfer advising, as well as developing an unofficial plan of study
- exam proctoring by appointment
- ongoing support for students while enrolled at Athens State, including assistance with class scheduling and communication
with Athens State main campus faculty and staff
For assistance, you may contact Ms. Cobb by dialing 334-876-9421. And, as always, we’re thankful for your interest in Athens State