|The Athens State University Distance Learning Center at Snead State Community College is located in the Learning
Resource Center on the Snead State campus in Boaz, Alabama and was created to provide advising and additional services for
prospective and current students as well as offers some distance learning courses to area students.
The Center is managed by Ms. Alecia White, who is available to provide general information about all of Athens State
University’s programs as well as assist students with the following:
In addition to the services offered by Ms. White, distance learning courses are frequently offered in education as well as
additional programs on occasion.
- admission processes, including admission application, dual enrollment, etc.
- financial aid processes, including the FAFSA, scholarship information, etc.
- unofficial transcript evaluation and transfer advising, as well as developing an unofficial plan of study
- exam proctoring by appointment
- ongoing support for students while enrolled at Athens State, including assistance with class scheduling and communication
with Athens State main campus faculty and staff
For student convenience, Ms. White also has office hours at the Snead State - Arab campus one day per week. To contact Ms. White,
you may reach her by phone at the Boaz office at 256-840-4122, at 256-931-3791 at the Arab office, or via email at
Alecia.White@athens.edu. While walk-ins are always welcome, to ensure you are able to
meet with Ms. White, appointments are always recommended. And, as always, we’re thankful for your interest in Athens State