The Athens State University Center at Northeast Alabama Community College is located in Room 107 of the Gym on the Northeast Alabama Community College campus in Rainsville, Alabama and was created to provide advising and additional services for prospective and current students as well as to offer some onsite and distance learning courses to area students.
The Center is managed by Alecia White, who is available to provide general information about all of Athens State University’s programs as well as assist students with the following:
- Admission processes, including admission application, joint enrollment, etc.
- Financial aid processes, including the FAFSA, scholarship information, etc.
- Unofficial transcript evaluation and transfer advising, as well as developing an unofficial plan of study
- Exam proctoring by appointment
- Ongoing support for students while enrolled at Athens State, including assistance with class scheduling and communication with Athens State main campus faculty and staff
In addition to the services offered by Mrs. White, onsite and distance learning courses are frequently offered in math, education, accounting, management, and additional programs on occasion.
While walk-ins are always welcome, to ensure you are able to meet with Mrs. White, appointments are always recommended. And, as always, we’re thankful for your interest in Athens State University!