The Athens State University Distance Learning Center at Snead State Community College is located in the Learning Resource Center on the Snead State campus in Boaz, Alabama and was created to provide advising and additional services for prospective and current students as well as offers some distance learning courses to area students.
The Center is managed by Ms. Alecia White, who is available to provide general information about all of Athens State University’s programs as well as assist students with the following:
- Admission processes, including admission application, joint enrollment, etc.
- Financial aid processes, including the FAFSA, scholarship information, etc.
- Unofficial transcript evaluation and transfer advising, as well as developing an unofficial plan of study
- Exam proctoring by appointment
- Ongoing support for students while enrolled at Athens State, including assistance with class scheduling and communication with Athens State main campus faculty and staff
In addition to the services offered by Ms. White, distance learning courses are frequently offered in education as well as additional programs on occasion.
While walk-ins are always welcome, to ensure you are able to meet with Mrs. White, appointments are always recommended. And, as always, we’re thankful for your interest in Athens State University!
Snead State Center Manager: Mrs. Alecia White
Location: Learning Resource Center
Center Hours – McCain Student and Career Center, Snead Campus
Monday, Tuesday, Friday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.