Job Description: Vice President for Enrollment and Student Support Services
Supported by Administrative Council: December 12, 2012
Approved by Dr. Glenn: December 12, 2012
Reviewed: March 8, 2017
Revised: May 20, 2019
Job Description: Vice President For Enrollment And Student Support Services
Reporting to the President, the Vice President for Enrollment and Student Support Services is the senior administrator of the Enrollment and Student Services areas. The University’s Enrollment Management Plan is the responsibility of the Vice President for Enrollment and Student Support Services, including the comprehensive oversight for planning and implementation of goals, objectives and strategies related to each office in the Enrollment and Student Services Division as well as insuring those goals, objectives and strategies are reflective of the vision and mission of Athens State University.
The Vice President for Enrollment and Student Support Services shall:
- provide leadership, supervision and guidance to the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment and the Directors of the offices of: Admissions, Recruitment, Student Activities, Transfer Advising Center, Financial Aid, Career Development Center, Counseling, International Student Advising, Veterans Affairs and the Center Managers at Athens State’s off campus centers, located at: Wallace State Community College in Hanceville, Northeast State Community College and the Redstone Arsenal Center.
- provide leadership for the Enrollment Management Advisory Committee.
- provide oversight for the implementation of the short range and long range Enrollment Management Plan.
- coordinate the annual review of the Enrollment Management Plan and implement revisions as needed.
- provide leadership and oversight of student recruitment strategies and efforts.
- provide budgetary oversight for all offices in the Enrollment and Student Services division.
- analyze and evaluate annual strategic and targeted enrollment needs.
- ensure recruitment goals, policies, practices and actions produce successful student recruitment results, consistent with Athens State’s mission, the university’s strategic plan and the Enrollment Management Plan.
- demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills, to competently present the Athens State story to potential students and supporters of the university.
- utilize state, regional and national data to create predictive models of enrollment trends and results.
- establish, implement and monitor program evaluation systems for all programs and services within the area of responsibility.
- work closely with the Vice President for University Advancement in the development of the marketing efforts.
- work closely with the Vice President for Academic Affairs/Provost in the coordination of student academic issues.
- work closely with the Vice President for Financial Affairs in the coordination of student financial issues and budgetary issues.
- participate as a member of the President’s Cabinet.
- perform other appropriate duties as assigned by the President.