The Office of Testing Services wants to provide you with a quiet and undisturbed environment. Please take special care as you arrive and leave to maintain that quiet atmosphere, both inside and immediately outside of the testing areas. Thank You!
Valid government-issued photo I.D. is required for ALL testing.
The primary form of identification must be a current government-issued photo ID card with the cardholder’s printed name and signature. (Example: Current Driver’s License)
Candidates should schedule appointments through our online appointment portal. Candidates will select their exam, appointment date and time, and then complete their exam administration fee payment. Candidates should arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled testing appointment to complete the check-in process.
Being late is defined as arriving 15 minutes after the appointment time. If a candidate calls in before their scheduled time indicating that they will be late by not more than 15 minutes their appointment will be moved to the next available slot in the same day (if there is an opening). Otherwise, the candidate will need to reschedule.
A candidate arriving 15 minutes or more after the scheduled appointment will need to reschedule their appointment and is considered a No Show.
No Show/Cancellation Guidelines
Candidates who wish to cancel a scheduled assessment may do so but forfeit any previously paid testing fees. Candidates who do not arrive for a scheduled assessment will be considered a “No Show” and will forfeit all previously paid testing fees.
Testing Fee Refund Policy
Testing Fees are non-refundable. Candidates can reschedule an assessment*. Candidates that are considered a “No Show” will not qualify to have their testing fee transferred to a new appointment and will forfeit all previously paid testing fees.
* A reschedule fee will apply.
Inclement Weather Guidelines
In the event of inclement weather the University Testing Center will be closed when Athens State University is closed. Please refer to local news media outlets or the University’s webpage for weather related delays and closings. When the University re-opens, all candidates should contact the Testing Center to reschedule affected appointments.
Cell Phones and Electronics
Cell phones, smart watches, pagers, and any other electronic devices will not be allowed in the University Testing Center.
- Personal ID Documents
- Testing Admission Ticket
- Devices for Special Accommodation status examinees
Prohibited Items (Includes but not limited to):
- Cellphones, Smart Watches, and Bluetooth Electronics
- Purses, Backpacks, Bags
- Hats, Sunglasses, Head Gear
- Outerwear (coats, jackets, scarfs, etc.)
- Books, Kindles, Nooks
- Paper, Pencils, Highlighters
- Personal Computers (laptops, etc.)
- Calculators, Calculator Watches, Watches with Alarms
- Cameras, Pagers, Tablets
- Transmission or Receiving Devices
- Rulers, Compasses, Protractors
- Food or Beverages
- Tobacco or Tobacco Products
- Knives, Guns, and Other Weapons
- Any Item not Listed on the NON-PROHIBITED LIST
Candidates will be asked to remove wrist wear, headwear, jackets, and coats. Candidates are required to empty their pockets into a locker prior to testing.
Children are not allowed in the testing rooms. Further, children are not allowed to be unsupervised in the University Testing Center. Please make other arrangements for children before coming to the testing areas.
When your exam is completed, all exam materials, including scratch paper, must be given to the University Testing Center staff. You may not leave with any notes pertaining to the exam or any portion of the exam.
Testing Staff will end a test session if you are in violation of test administration rules or engaging in other forms of irregular behavior during an examination.
Athens State University CLEP/DSST Rules:
- CLEP/DSST credit will be accepted with passing CLEP/DSST score**.
- CLEP/DSST credit cannot provide duplicate credit.
- Prior unsuccessful course or CLEP/DSST exam attempts are irrelevant.
- Prior successful course attempts will not be replaced by CLEP/DSST credit.
- CLEP/DSST scores will not affect a student’s GPA.
- Please contact your advisor if you have questions regarding CLEP/DSST exams satisfying course requirements for your Plan of Study.
** Credit-granting score will be based on The American Council on Education (ACE) recommendations