It has never been easier to start your higher education at a community college near you and finish at Athens State University. The Dual Admissions program makes it easy to outline your path to success, and take advantage of exceptional program benefits.
How to Begin
Submit a completed Dual Admission application (pdf) to Athens State University within your first 15 hours of transferable college credits.
What happens next?
Athens State will review your submitted Dual Admissions application and notify the Office of Admissions at the designated community college of your plans to begin with them and finish at Athens State. You will be notified by Athens State to confirm your status as a Dual Admissions student. Athens State will provide transfer advising from the beginning of your degree path ensuring you know when to transfer and what will count at Athens State. Students will enjoy a smooth transition to Athens State for degree completion.
- Must complete an associate degree program or a minimum of 60 semester hours of general education courses
- Must have a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0
- Jointly supported advisement of students.
- Consideration for scholarships up to $5,000/year.
- Phi Theta Kappa scholarships are available up to $1,600 per year.
- Access to the Athens State University library
- Access to student support facilities/programs including student events.