International students applying for admission as degree-seeking students must meet the requirements for one of the above admission categories or must have the equivalent coursework in a course-by-course evaluation performed by the World Education Services. In addition to a completed application for admission, prospective international students must provide:
- Official copies of transcripts from each college/university attended in the United States, and/or an official copy of the transcript from World Education Services for any college credit taken outside of the United States
- A Plan of Study completed by a counselor in the Transfer Student Success Center
- Official documentation of the completion of TOEFL with a minimum score of 500 (pBT), 62 (iBT) or 173 (cBT) if transferring from outside the United States
- Official documentation showing proof of health and life insurance while in the United States
- A letter from a banking institution verifying financial status
- Copies of visa, I-94, and current I-20
- A completed Affidavit of Support form
- A completed Transfer Clearance form
All documentation must be received at least 30 days prior to the semester of enrollment.
World Education Services:
For information on obtaining an International Academic Credential Evaluation through WES (World Education Services).
Athens State University does not offer on-campus housing. Click here for off-campus housing.