Step One: Be admitted to one of our partner community colleges
Not sure if you’re at one of the partner schools? Use our website to find out!
Step Two: Complete your Athens State University admissions application
- Apply to Athens State University and follow the instructions on each page.
- Create a BearTrack Account with your email and password.
- Select your community college from the drop-down list and enter your student identification number (you must have applied to that school and have a student ID number to be jointly admitted).
- Select the next upcoming Application Term, not the Term you plan to transfer to Athens State University.
Step Three: Send transcripts after completing your admissions application
- Students with less than 36 earned college credit hours must Upload unofficial transcript(s) of all earned college credit.
Contact your community college for the best way to obtain an unofficial transcript. Official Transcripts will be necessary as you complete your final term of community college.
Step Four: Schedule an advising appointment
Academic advising is a critical piece of the Joint Admissions program. After receiving your Athens State University acceptance letter, make plans to talk with a Student Success Coach. Please inform the Student Success Coach of your Joint Admissions status and which community college you attend.