The Program Advisory Board (PAB) is a volunteer service organization which provides a forum for communication between the Computer Science and Information Technology faculty at Athens State University (CSIT@ASU) and the commercial community.
Mission of the Board
There are three main areas to the mission of the Computer Science/Information Technology Program Advisory Board is:
- Promote collaboration between the department and industry
- Provide feedback to the department to ensure that Computer Science/Information Technology is meeting the industry’s needs
- Promote awareness of departmental activities and faculty expertise throughout industry.
The Program Advisory Board consists of senior level technical managers and executives from corporations and other organizations located in Northern Alabama. The board holds meetings at least once a semester (Fall, Spring). The objectives of these meetings are:
- To assist in the development, review and implementation of short- and long-range department plans.
- To provide feedback on matters of curriculum, facilities, and student quality.
- To provide Board Members with a conduit to Computer Science/Information Technology students and Alumni.
- To assist in the promotion of Computer Science/Information Technology within Program Advisory Board Member organizations.
Mr. Chad Easterling – Leidos (prev. Dynetics)
Mr. Russ Johnsons – SAIC (Retired); President of the Athens City School Board of Education
Mr. SA Hale – Teledyne (Retired)
Mr. Joe Green – Davidson Technologies
Mr. Jonathan Dauwen & Aaron Rathz – Northrup Grumman
Mr. David Tutwiller – South Western Communications
Mr. George Hill – Morgan County IT
Mr. Charles Farmer – Kratos Defense
Ms. Rachel Smith – DC Blox
Mr. Eric Day – alumni
Mr. Jeremy Rogers – alumni
Computer Science student representative
Information Technology student representative
Math & Computer Science Club representative