The Department of Computer Science Program Advisory Board (PAB) is a volunteer service organization which provides a forum for communication between the Computer Science Department at Athens State University (CS@ASU) and the commercial community.
Mission of the Board
There are three main areas to the mission of the Computer Science @ Athens State Program Advisory Board is:
- Promote collaboration between the department and industry
- Provide feedback to the department to ensure that Computer Science @ Athens State is meeting industry’s needs
- Promote awareness of departmental activities and faculty expertise throughout industry.
The PAB consists of senior level technical managers and executives from corporations and other organizations located in Northern Alabama. The board holds meetings at least once a semester (Fall, Spring). The objectives of these meetings are:
- To assist in the development, review and implementation of short- and long-range department plans.
- To provide feedback on matters of curriculum, facilities, and student quality.
- To provide Board Members with a conduit to Computer Science @ Athens State students and Alumni.
- To assist in the promotion of Computer Science @ Athens State within PAB Member organizations.
Chad Easterling – Dynetics, Inc.
Russ Johnson – Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
Tom Counts – 3-GIS Network Management Solutions
S.A. Hale – Teledyne Technologies Inc.
Toby Rimes – Mentor Graphics Corporation
Joe Green – Davidson Technologies
Eric Day – Student Representative
Pedro Reyes – Student Representative