Athens State University to Host Reformation 500 Events[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]2017 marks the 500th anniversary of the beginning of the Reformation. In order to promote the understanding of the historical significance of this event, Athens State University is sponsoring a series of Reformation 500 events through the Center for Religion and Ethics and the Livingston Concert/Lecture Series. Events will take place in the McCandless Hall auditorium on the Athens State University Campus at 6:00 pm. All events are free and open to the public.
The schedule of events will be:
- Monday, September 11: A concert of music from the Reformation performed by the renowned organist Professor Steven Wente of Concordia University-Chicago using the historic McCandless pipe organ.
- Monday, September 25: “Luther and Education,” a lecture by Professor Ronald Fritze of Athens State University.
- Monday, October 9: “Luther and Politics,” a lecture by Professor David Whitford of Baylor University.
- Monday, October 23: “Luther’s Rome,” a lecture by Professor Russel Lemmons of Jacksonville State University.
- Monday, November 6: “Scottish Responses to the Lutheran Reformation,” a lecture by Professor Debra Baird of Athens State University.
For additional information or questions, contact: Ronald Fritze at email@example.com or 256-233-6524.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]