Location: Sanders Hall, Room 309
Monday: 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Wednesday: 10:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm (email only)
The mission of the Accounting Lab is to provide assistance to students to strengthen their understanding of foundational accounting concepts. To fulfill this mission, the Accounting Lab provides in-person and remote tutoring to students who voluntarily seek the services. The Accounting Lab is staffed by knowledgeable accounting majors selected by the faculty and offers a variety of equipment and instructional resources that support accounting courses in distance and campus-based formats. The Accounting Lab is committed to fulfilling the goal of improving students’ understanding of accounting concepts.
Students can drop in during the regularly scheduled lab hours. Students can also make an appointment by calling the Accounting Lab directly (those students with appointments will be given priority). While most students visit the Accounting Lab in person for tutoring, online tutoring is available through email, fax, and phone. Accounting Lab equipment and resources on site include:
- A selection of textbooks and resource materials
- Four computers with windows operating systems
- A variety of software tools and internet materials that support the accounting course work
The objectives of the Accounting Lab are:
- To identify, recruit and retain qualified tutors
- To provide tutoring in a timely manner
- To provide tutoring in a format that meets the needs of all students
- To provide tutoring that enhances learning
Location: Sanders Hall – Room 309
Phone: (256) 216-5379
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Thursday: 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Email Only)
The mission of the Statistics Tutoring Lab is to provide assistance to students in a format that should enhance and strengthen the student’s understanding of fundamental statistical concepts. To fulfill this mission, the Statistics Tutoring Lab provides in-person and remote tutoring services to students who voluntarily seek additional assistance beyond the traditional or distance-learning classrooms. The Statistics Tutoring Lab is staffed by knowledgeable Athens State students who are selected by the faculty to serve as tutors. The Statistics Tutoring Lab is committed to fulfilling the goal of improving students’ understanding of statistical concepts.
Although appointments are encouraged, students may ‘walk-in’ during the regularly scheduled site hours. Students requesting an appointment may do so by calling or emailing the Statistics Tutoring Lab, based on the phone number / email provided each semester (those students with appointments will be given priority over ‘walk-ins’). While many students visit the Statistics Tutoring Lab in person for tutoring, online tutoring is also available through email and phone.
The Statistics Tutoring Lab offers a variety of equipment and instructional resources that support statistics courses in both traditional as well as distance-learning formats, including but not limited to, statistical software and resources for statistical case studies.
The objectives of the Statistics Tutoring Lab Lab are as follows:
• To provide tutoring that enhances learning and assists in the current development of Athens State University statistics students (COB)
• To provide tutoring in a timely manner
• To provide tutoring in a format that optimizes the needs of Athens State University statistics students (COB)
• To identify, recruit, and retain qualified statistics tutors