While you are waiting to see a counselor, please visit the following resources for assistance.
- www.nami.org/collegeguide – This website and video encourages college students to think about their mental health needs and concerns.
- www.alltreatment.com – Drug and alcohol treatment and prevention programs.
- www.psychiatry.org/mental-health – Find information on mental health treatment and resources including warning signs and prevention measures.
- www.adaa.org – Information on the prevention, treatment, and cure of anxiety, depression and stress-related disorders through education, practice, and research.
- www.mhcnca.org – The Mental Health Center of North Central Alabama provides the highest quality treatment, education and assistance to people affected by mental health and substance use issues.
- www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org – The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides free an confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- www.csna.org – Crisis Services of North Alabama provides information to individuals and families in need.
- www.athens.edu/clubs/active-minds – Active Minds is the leading nonprofit organization that empowers students to speak openly about mental health in order to educate others and encourage help-seeking.