Dr. Lisa Hyde
Dr. Hyde is a proud mother of two children, a 5 years old daughter, and 3 year old son. It is an understatement to say they keep Dr. Hyde and her husband busy! As a family, they enjoy watching/going to AL football games (Roll Tide!), going to the gym, and watching TV shows such as The Voice and true crime shows. They are always having some type of adventure with their kids!
It’s important for us to teach our children to celebrate both the Korean culture and American culture. This is a picture of Dr. Hyde’s family at her son’s first birthday party. He also had a more traditional, “smash cake” American birthday party.
This past summer, the Hyde family had a great vacation at the beach. Her son had a lot more fun that the picture indicates.
• Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education when Athens State University was Athens State College.
• Master’s in Education and my Doctorate in Education degrees from Tennessee State University.
o My M. Ed. is in Curriculum & Instruction, with an emphasis in NELB (Non-English Language Background) students
o Ed. D. is in Curriculum & Instruction.
• I taught 7 years in the public school systems in Huntsville, AL and Nashville, TN.
• I have been a part of the Athens State faculty since the Fall of 2005.
• I have also taught as an adjunct instructor for undergraduate and graduate courses at Tennessee State University.
• Currently teach all ELL courses; selected to serve on the National Advisory Board for Praxis ESOL.