Frequently Asked Questions
Is the University hosting events this Summer?
As the effects of the pandemic improve, life on campus is cautiously returning to normal. Please keep an eye on the University’s Events Calendar and social media for any events that may be planned during the semester.
Are visitors allowed on campus during the Summer semester?
Yes, visitors are allowed on campus but are asked to complete a self-screen prior to coming to campus. This includes:
- Daily Symptom Checks – Consider whether you are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Fever (100.4 degrees or above) or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Daily Exposure Checks – Consider whether you have been in close contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
For full details and instructions for what to do if you have symptoms or have been exposed, please review the COVID-19 Guidelines for Summer 2021.
Will I get updates?
Yes, please continue to check your email, the University website, and social media for regular updates.
Are there outside resources available to help me, or how can I lend a hand during the COVID-19 crisis?
Visit the ALTogether website (altogetheralabama.org), a one-stop-shop where Alabamians can ask for help or lend a hand during the COVID-19 crisis. This response effort is designed to connect businesses, nonprofits, and people that need help with the right program partners – and to connect program partners with people and resources to help those most in need.