Athens State University’s Elva Bell McLin Archives exists to identify, organize, preserve, and make accessible materials of enduring value that relate to the history, people, mission, and legacy of Athens State University.
Goals & Activities
- Collect & preserve institutional history in all formats & mediums with consideration for safety, security, & accessibility.
- Arrange & describe collections in accordance with recognized archival standards.
- Pursue new acquisitions that best serve the mission of the University and the needs of University stakeholders including students, faculty, alumni, & administration.
- Increase the accessibility of archival collections & historic materials.
- Provide accurate & timely assistance to research requests & inquiries.
- Promote, publicize, & share the history of Athens State University.
- Digitize materials and reformat as required in order to enhance preservation & access.
- Continue to build and maintain strong relationships with the surrounding community.