Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Services locates and provides access to materials not available at the Athens State University Library. Because the borrowing, lending, and photocopying of materials is provided as a courtesy, certain restrictions must be adhered to including copyright law.
Eligibility for Services
- Interlibrary Loan Services are available to faculty, staff, and currently enrolled students.
- Limited privileges are provided to patrons with a current Athens State library user card for a fee.
How to Apply
- Requests may be made for physical books, copies of book chapters, and copies of articles only.
- Before submitting a request, the patron should verify that the material is not available via Kares Library by searching OneSearch on the library’s website.
- If an item is not available, choose Request Item through Interlibrary Loan and complete the form.
- For further instructions, see Request a Book Through Interlibrary Loan (scroll to bottom).
- Requests can also be made via the following forms. If complete information is not presented, the ILL personnel will contact you about the source:
- Physical materials take one to two weeks to receive under normal circumstances. If the item being requested is time-sensitive, please be aware that the Kares Library has no control over the actual delivery date provided by the lending library.
- Electronic materials (copies) usually take less than a week.
- Please notify the Interlibrary Loan office immediately if the material is no longer needed.
NOTE: It may be to the patron’s advantage to retrieve items from libraries within a 40-mile radius of Athens State personally.
- Patrons are notified via e-mail when the material arrives.
- For electronic items, the item retrieval information will be in the notification email.
- Since the lending library already sets the due date, items should be picked up at the Circulation desk promptly after being notified.
- Please wait at least a week after a request is submitted before checking with the Interlibrary Loan office on the requested item.
For questions or further information, please call or email,
Phone: 256.216.6662 (Bethany Bruno)