WHY earn YOUR degree at Athens State University?
BECAUSE we’re YOUR University. YOUR Way!
When it comes to higher education, Athens State University puts the YOU in university. Our personalized approach makes it easier than ever to finish what you started. We are an upper division university offering Junior and Senior-level courses through a number of convenient formats. If you’ve got two years of community college or transfer credit, you’re all set to finish what you started. Let us help YOU finish your education!
- Athens State University was founded in 1822, making it the longest continuously-operated institute of higher learning in the state of Alabama
- Offering Junior and Senior years’ coursework, we’re one of a select few upper-division universities in the country that offers a bachelor’s degree after finishing your basic courses at another institution
- We offer over 50 undergraduate majors and degree programs to prepare you for an exciting career in business, education, arts, sciences, and more
- We also offer graduate coursework to complete a master’s degree completely online
- Generous acceptance of transfer credits from community colleges, AP classes, non-traditional coursework, and other four-year colleges toward a bachelor’s degree
- Friendly and understanding faculty and staff
- 15:1 student-to-teacher ratio
We understand that in today’s fast-paced world, flexibility is key. We’re all about options! We offer classes in a number of different formats to fit your busy schedule and meet your individual needs.
- Convenient North Alabama locations
As one of the most affordable options for higher learning in the country, Athens State University provides a high-quality degree at a fraction of the cost. So, what are YOU waiting for?