Bear Readmit Orientation Webinar | Wednesday, May 17th @ 5pm
At Athens State, we know it isn’t how you started that matters – it’s how you finish – and we are committed to helping you get back on the path towards finishing your degree!
B.E.A.R. Program & Scholarship
There is no timeline on your academic journey. Join the B.E.A.R program and finish your degree with confidence!
The “Benefits of Education by Academic Readmission”, or B.E.A.R. Program can help you connect with the resources needed such as
- readmission assistance.
- dedicated academic advising.
- guided course selection & registration assistance.
- opportunities for financial assistance.
Who qualifies as a Readmission Student?
A readmission student who is applicable for the BEAR scholarship has been absent for two consecutive semesters (e.g. fall/spring or spring/fall). Readmission students do not need to reapply as a student, but they do need to complete a Readmission Form and send it to our registrar for processing.
Here is a slide deck that provides detailed information about the readmission process. Feel free to download these slides and browse through the clickable links and resources.
- paperwork process from Registrar,
- information from Student Success,
- how to get involved with Student Activities,
- and important overview from Financial Aid.
Scholarship Application Requirements
- Complete the Readmission Form and fill out the application completely
- Requires 60 credits or less to complete their undergraduate degree through Athens State
- Must be a returning student under the BEAR program
- Must have a minimum overall 2.5 GPA
- Must register for a minimum of six credit hours (unless the student requires less than six hours to graduate)
- Must fill out a current FAFSA
What does the BEAR Program cover?
The BEAR Program scholarship is meant to provide financial support for our returning students. It has the possibility to provide $1,000 scholarships for a maximum of four consecutive semesters. (The scholarship can be prorated for part-time students.) The scholarship must be used for four consecutive fall and spring semesters. If a student does not register for the next consecutive semester, then they will forfeit their scholarship on returning to their program.
When to apply?
- Priority Deadline: July 15, 2023
Still have questions? Follow these links to schedule an appointment today.
Have questions? Contact the Office of Admissions today!