The mission of the College of Business is to offer programs of study to students that will prepare them for positions in business, finance, or government; enhance the professional development of those already employed; and provide an academic framework for graduate study leading to professional positions.
Through its course offerings, the College of Business provides a high-quality education for all students, teaching them to think critically; to use technology efficiently; to be effective leaders, decision-makers, and communicators; to maintain ethical standards; and to understand the global economy.
Students completing a degree program offered by the College of Business will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of accounting, finance, management, management information systems, global business, strategic management, marketing, and production theories and concepts.
- Knowledge of technology, as it relates to business.
- Knowledge of the global economy including an understanding of diversity.
- Knowledge of and ability to use effective managerial, leadership, and group interaction techniques.
- An ability to effectively use critical thinking and decision-making techniques.
- An ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- An understanding of ethical issues and the importance of maintaining ethical standards.
Several specialized areas of study are available as minors in the Accounting, Management, and Management of Technology majors (aviation management, acquisitions, and contract management, health care management, human resources management, information systems management, international business, marketing, small business/entrepreneurship).
In cooperation with the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business participates in interdisciplinary programs of study leading to the Bachelor of Science degree with majors in CIS and Health Science.