Athens State University is pleased to announce learning partnerships with nine additional North Alabama organizations. These learning partnerships are designed to assist the employees of these organizations and their immediate family members in achieving their educational goals in career appropriate disciplines through accessible online and traditional classroom settings and an affordable, low-cost tuition structure.
Benefits of learning partnerships include a 10% tuition discount on all classes, waived application fee, and complimentary evaluation of previously earned educational credits and training/professional certifications/portfolio for consideration of transfer credit. These benefits extend to the parents, spouse, and children of the learning partner employee/member as well.
New Learning Partners include:
- SAIA, located in Athens, Alabama, serves as a supplier to Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA and provides assembly and sequencing for the seats for all Toyota Corolla passenger vehicles produced in the United States.
- Commemorative Air Force (CAF) – Huntsville Chapter is Athens State’s first non-profit learning partner. They are dedicated to the acquisition, restoration, and preservation of WWII aircraft flown by all U.S. military services to honor American military aviation through flight, exhibition, education, and remembrance. The partnership will also benefit Athens State’s aviation program students by allowing them access to a real plane.
- The Limestone County Commission is led by Chairman Collin Daly and oversees many areas such as the Limestone County Sherriff’s Office, Probate Office, Revenue Office, and Council on Aging.
- WellStone is North Alabama’s largest and most comprehensive behavioral healthcare provider. They are a non-profit community organization that operates offices in Huntsville and Cullman and treat over 13,000 clients per year.
- Madison County, Alabama oversees more than 30 departments for the Huntsville area including Public Works, Waste Control & Recycling, Water, and Animal Control. The benefits of the Learning Partnership are open to all employees of these departments and their families.
- Fort Payne Chamber of Commerce. The Fort Payne Chamber has 375 members. The benefits of the Learning Partnership are open to all employees of chamber-affiliated businesses and their families.
- Mountain Lakes Chamber of Commerce. Located in Scottsboro, Alabama, the chamber promotes and protects the interests of more than 500 businesses in Jackson County. The benefits of the Learning Partnership are open to all employees of chamber-affiliated businesses and their families.
- Hartselle Utilities oversees the electric, natural gas, water, wastewater, garbage, and recycling for the City of Hartselle.
- Faithway Alliance, located in Tanner, Alabama, supplies products to feed and farm stores in 49 states.
These organizations join a list of other corporate partners that can be found at www.athens.edu/learningpartners.