A licensed professional counselor is available by appointment to discuss personal issues with currently enrolled students and Athens State University faculty and staff, on a brief-counseling basis. All counseling services are provided with your confidentiality in mind and offered at no charge to you.
Personal Counseling Services can help you:
- Develop study skills
- Get better organized
- Replace bad habits with healthy ones
- Learn how to relax during stressful times
- Balance academics, work, and family/social life
- Solve a personal problem
- Improve communication skills
- Learn coping skills to deal with anxiety, depression, addictions, grief, or other emotions that might interfere with your activities of daily living
- Locate mental health services, resources, and support groups in your local community
Services are provided through a partnership with the Mental Health Center of North Central Alabama.
To make an appointment, you must first complete the following documents:
Counselor Office Hours
Alabama Center for the Arts Campus (Decatur): Rm 214 Visual Arts Building
Shannon Wildharber-Arnold: Thursday 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm