Athens State University has released the campus guidelines pertaining to COVID-19 safety protocols for the Summer 2021 semester. The following will go into effect on Monday, May 3:
- Masks and facial coverings will no longer be mandatory while on campus. However:
- In all classroom and group spaces, the expectations for wearing a mask/facial covering will be governed by the faculty or staff member in collaboration with the students and others involved.
- Masks may be required at larger events, both internal and external.
- While no longer required, please be respectful of others and their preferences as it relates to masks and facial coverings.
- Campus entry checkpoints will be eliminated.
- Recording symptoms daily via the GuideSafe™ app will no longer be required. Instead, those who plan to come to campus should perform a self-screening to assess if they are experiencing any possible COVID-19 symptoms.
- Social distancing continues to be encouraged. Classrooms will remain configured to reflect social distancing guidelines.