How to Schedule an Appointment
STEP ONE: GO TO THE ONLINE SCHEDULE HOMEPAGE.
Begin by going to this website: http://athens.mywconline.com
There are three ways to get to this website through the Athens State homepage:
- Quicklinks Writing Center Schedule an Appointment
- Library Writing Center Schedule an Appointment
- Current Students Writing Center Schedule an Appointment
You should be looking at a screen that says “Online Schedule and Appointment System” with the Athens State Writing Center logo at the top.
STEP TWO: REGISTER (first-time visitors only; others skip to next step).
If this is your first visit to this website, then you must first register with the site. Click on the linked text where it says “First Visit? Click here to register.” Register by completing the required fields and clicking “Save.” Your password may be anything.
STEP THREE: LOG IN.
Return to the Online Schedule and “Log in” with your Athens State email and the password that you just created. You will then see a screen with dates, times, and the names of people who can meet with you.
STEP FOUR: SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
To schedule an appointment, click on any white box and wait for a new window to “pop up.” The popup window will allow you to choose whether to meet for 30 minutes or an hour. You must complete all of the required fields as well. Finally, you will choose whether to meet facetoface in the Center or online. All appointments are “synchronous”—you meet with the person in real time rather than sending email messages back and forth. Click “Save” when all required fields are complete and you are ready to schedule the appointment.
STEP FIVE: ATTACH A FILE (recommended).
There are two ways to attach a file for your appointment.
- Right after you schedule your appointment, a confirmation window will appear that tells you that you successfully made an appointment. In small text, there is a link in this popup window that allows you to attach a file. Most people close the confirmation window without noticing the link. If this is the case, try the other method (below).
- Click the yellow folder icon on the top, lefthand side of the “online schedule” screen to attach a file to any appointment you have made (make sure you are logged in to the system first). Including an attachment is not required, but it may speed up your session. The consultant will review your file before you arrive if there is time, but they will not always have time to read it before your appointment. In that case, they will review and discuss it with you during your appointment.
STEP SIX: LOG OUT WHEN FINISHED.
STEP SEVEN: SHOW UP FOR THE APPOINTMENT
According to your selection of appointment type: face-to-face or online.
- Come to the library, Room 121, of the main Athens State campus at your appointment time. Your writing consultant will greet you and instruct you regarding how the facetoface meeting will proceed.
- Log-in to the WCOnline schedule and appointment system a few minutes before the time of your appointment.
- Click on the colored box that now represents your scheduled appointment (should be an orange color).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the popup window that you filled out earlier.
- Click the red words: “Start or Join Online Consultation.” Another window will appear. Your writing consultant will greet you and provide more instructions for using the online tutoring platform.