Nominations must be received in the Office of Alumni Affairs by February 15, 2023, to be considered for the 2023 Awards Ceremony.
The Athens State University Alumni Association is seeking nominations for the Annual Alumni Awards Reception. The nominations packet must include a completed nomination form and letter(s) of recommendation. Additional supporting documentation is strongly suggested; examples of supporting documentation include a resume, vitae, bio, and/or articles.
More than one award may be presented within a category, and all categories may not be awarded. Nominators are encouraged to resubmit packets for future awards if the candidate is not selected.
- DISTINGUISHED ALUMNUS AWARD: The nominee must have received a degree from Athens College/Athens State College/Athens State University. They shall have distinguished themselves in their career or through community service.
- DR. ANGELINE NAZARETIAN DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD: This award acknowledges individual(s) who devote their time or talent to serve Athens State University or their community on the local, state, national, or international level over an extended period of time. It recognizes those who portray selfless service and leadership and provide exemplary contributions in the areas of public service, philanthropy, and volunteerism.
- OUTSTANDING ALUMNI ACHIEVEMENT AWARD IN ARTS AND SCIENCES:
- OUTSTANDING ALUMNI ACHIEVEMENT AWARD IN BUSINESS:
- OUTSTANDING ALUMNI ACHIEVEMENT AWARD IN EDUCATION: The nominee must have received a degree from Athens College/Athens State College/Athens State University. Candidates shall be judged on their personal and professional achievements as well as outstanding contributions to their work place, community, and the world in which we live.
- ALUMNI LOYALTY AWARD: The nominee must have received a degree from Athens College/Athens State College/Athens State University. This award shall recognize those alumni who go beyond the routine duties and responsibilities of the Association. They may be recognized for their contributions of material resources, physical resources, time, and/or talent. Selections shall be based on loyalty and service to the University and Alumni Association.
- OUTSTANDING RECENT GRADUATE AWARD: The nominee must have received a degree from Athens State University in the last ten (10) years. They shall show outstanding achievement or promise in their career or through community service.
- DEWEESE AND JIM BEASLEY APPRECIATION AWARD: This award is presented to individuals, a group, a business, an industry, or governmental individuals/groups who have made an outstanding contribution to the Alumni Association and/or Athens State University. They do not have to be an alumnus of the institution.