Current tuition assistance opportunities are listed below. We are always available for other inquires.
- AmeriCorps and TeachForAmerica (TFA Contact: Tricia Oleyte)
- DHR – Leadership in Childcare Scholarship (College of Education contact: Elizabeth Pruett)
- PACT (Alabama Prepaid Affordable College Tuition Program)
- Poarch Band of Creek Indians
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® ALABAMA Scholarship Program (SmartStart)
- Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services
This program allows any non-degree seeking student 60 years or older (who meets standard admissions requirements) to audit Athens State University courses. The senior student is eligible to receive a tuition waiver for Athens State courses in the amount of one-half the applicable tuition rate. All other applicable tuition and fees must be paid by the student. Registration in courses under this program is on a space available basis and requires registration during the late registration process. Students must enroll each semester with no lapse in enrollment in order to be eligible. Repeated courses are not eligible under this program.