Athens State University has released campus guidelines pertaining to COVID-19 safety protocols for the Spring 2022 semester. The following will go into effect as classes begin on Monday, January 10.
- Masks and facial coverings will continue to be optional while on campus. However, it is encouraged for individuals to wear masks or facial coverings when distancing cannot be maintained during times of significant virus transmission. Additionally, please keep the following in mind:
- In all classroom and group spaces, the expectations for wearing a mask/facial covering will be governed by the faculty or staff member in collaboration with the students and others involved.
- Masks may be required at larger events, both internal and external.
- Please be respectful of others and their preferences as it relates to masks and facial coverings.
- Those who plan to come to campus should perform a self-screening to assess if they are experiencing any possible COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with someone who is positive for COVID-19.
- Social distancing continues to be encouraged. Classrooms will remain configured to reflect social distancing guidelines.
For more information, please visit www.athens.edu/guidelines or contact us at email@example.com with any questions.