The Wallace State Community College – Hanceville Center is located in the Computer Science Building on the Wallace State campus and was created to provide advising and additional services for prospective and current students as well as to offer some onsite and distance learning courses to area students.
The Center Manager, Mrs. Helen Crider, is located in CS 15 and is available to provide general information about all of Athens State University’s programs as well as assist students with the following:
- Transfer Advising, including helping students with transfer credit, complete an unofficial plan of study, create a first semester schedule of classes, and advising for all of Athens State University’s degree programs
- Admission processes, including admission application, joint enrollment, etc.
- Financial Aid processes, including the FAFSA, scholarship information, etc.
- Exam Proctoring by appointment
- Ongoing support for students while enrolled at Athens State, including assistance with class scheduling and communication with Athens State main campus faculty and staff
Students can take almost all courses required for the Elementary Education program at the Hanceville Center. Courses are also offered in Collaborative Education, Elementary/Collaborative Education, and Early Childhood Education.
While walk-ins are always welcome, to ensure you are able to meet with Mrs. Crider, appointments are always recommended. And, as always, we’re thankful for your interest in Athens State University!