If you are a strong student who is interested in community service and learning leadership skills, we encourage you to apply today.
STARTING FALL 2021
Athens State will enroll its first cohort in the Bonner Leader Program and we are looking for 10 exemplary students to serve as our initial cohort of Bonner Leaders.
The Bonner Leadership Program is a fellowship program for students that have financial need (qualify for Federal Work-Study), exhibit a capacity for leadership development, and show an interest in community service. Bonner Leaders receive professional leadership development throughout the year while completing significant service-learning (280+/year) within the local community. Bonner Leaders receive financial support that is to be used for educational purposes.
AS A BONNER, YOU WOULD BE REQUIRED TO:
- Qualify for a Federal Work-Study. You can learn if you qualify by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Serve ~10 hours of paid community service each week (280/year).
- Attend Athens State full-time through Spring 2023.
- Participate in Orientation Retreat in August 2021.
- Participate in all Bonner professional development activities throughout the semester.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.75 or above.
- Represent the university with integrity and distinction.
ARE YOU A BONNER?
Becoming a force of change in your community? Developing impactful leadership skills? Forging friendships with highly-motivated future leaders?
FOR MORE INFORMATION