The Bonner Leader Program is a fellowship program for students that have financial needs (qualify for Federal Work-Study), exhibit a capacity for leadership development, and show an interest in community service. A Bonner Leader will receive leadership development throughout the year while completing significant service-learning (280+ hours/year) within their local community. A Bonner Leader will receive a financial support package that includes a work-study position and a scholarship for community work and weekly training.
- Membership in a nationally recognized program.
- Engagement with a community of peers who are passionate about service.
- Gain an understanding of community and community partner needs.
- Student Employment Wages: approximately $2,800 per academic year.
- Athens State Bonner Scholarship: $2,000 (full-time) or $1,500 (part-time) per academic year. Distributed over two semesters.
- Training on leadership development and social justice topics.
AS A BONNER, YOU WOULD BE REQUIRED TO:
- Qualify for Federal Work-Study. You can learn if you qualify by contacting the Financial Aid office by phone at (256) 233-8122 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Serve ~ 10 hours of paid community service each week (280/year).
- Attend Athens State University for a minimum of two years, including two fall and two spring semesters.
- Participate in the Bonner Leader Orientation Retreat.
- Participate in weekly in-person meetings and activities throughout the semester.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.75 or above.
- Represent the university with integrity and distinction.
ARE YOU A BONNER?
Applications are now being accepted for 2023-2024 with service starting August 2023.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Trish DiLullo, Interim Bonner Leader Program Director
Location: Chasteen Hall