The Board of Visitors is a volunteer service organization of Athens State University.
The Board of Visitors exists both as a uniform entity for total university service and is also divided into three equal entities to serve each of the respective colleges of the University: College of Arts & Sciences; College of Business; and College of Education.
The Board of Visitors serves to assist the President and the Board of Trustees in promoting and advocating the overall quality and excellence of the University; to advise and assist the University in interpreting the vision, mission, programs, accomplishments, and aspirations of the University; to help keep the University and its constituent parts informed of attitudes, opinions, concerns, and expectations related to higher education in general and Athens State University specifically; and to advise and assist the University with respect to the advancement of the University in all aspects of its mission.
- Russell Johnson
- Dr. Thuy Lam Lynch
- Julia Roth
- Alison Scalf
- Christie Blaylock
- Debbie McGee
- Toni Bailey, Athens City Schools
- Dr. Donna Estill, Calhoun Community College
- Dr. Yvette Evans, Decatur City Schools
- Karl Fernandez, Principal, Rainbow Elementary School
- Christie Finley, Huntsville City Schools
- Patrick Patterson, Morgan County Schools
- Dr. Jon Bret Smith, Lawrence County Schools
- Dr. John Wilson, Limestone County Career Tech Center