Athens State University has contracted with New Directions Behavioral Health, LLC to provide an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for all faculty and staff and their immediate family members (eligible dependents).
This confidential benefit plan is being offered in addition to your regular health plan coverage. The EAP is available to help you and your family deal with problems that may affect you at home or at work, such as family concerns, marital difficulties, stress, financial difficulties, alcohol and/or drug abuse, mental or emotional distress, or legal problems.
For example, you might call the New Directions EAP if:
- You need help in navigating the legal system (handling a landlord, large purchase, estate, etc.);
- You are interested in reducing debt;
- You are ready to live a healthy life;
- You just haven’t been yourself lately;
- Your spouse just doesn’t understand;
- You’re worried about your drinking;
- You can’t seem to shake the blues;
- Your children have problems in school.
New Directions EAP offers you objective, professional assistance at no cost to you or your eligible dependents. This program is both voluntary and confidential – New Directions makes every effort to safeguard your privacy. Services are available nationwide for your convenience.
How will the EAP positively impact you?
ND EAP 5_Subtitles from New Directions on Vimeo.