Founders Hall

Ways to Give

Gifts of Cash/Credit Card

The Athens State University Foundation accepts cash, checks, and most major credit cards including American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.

Gifts of Securities or Appreciated Property

Gifts of stocks, mutual funds, or real estate are some examples of property that may have appreciated in value over time and may meet your philanthropic goals and reduce your potential tax obligation. Gifts of this nature should be discussed with your attorney or tax advisor in advance in order to ensure that you maximize your contribution as it relates to your tax filing. We would be happy to discuss these options with you.

Endowed Funds

Funds designated as endowed are held in an investment account with a portion of the earnings used for specific purposes. While usages for both the General Foundation Endowment and the General Foundation Scholarship Endowment are determined by the Foundation Board, proceeds from named endowed scholarships are disbursed based on specific criteria determined in advance by the donor. All endowment payout rates are determined by the Athens State University Foundation Investment Committee on an annual basis dependent on the performance of the investment portfolio, with a target payout rate of five percent annually.

Planned Gifts

If it is your desire to donate assets to the Athens State University Foundation as a part of your estate, we would be happy to discuss the process with you. There are numerous ways these types of gifts may be structured and should be prepared in consultation with your attorney and your heirs.

Trust Agreements

A trust agreement offers the opportunity to make a gift while allowing the donor or some other party to receive income from the trust for a specified period of time. Established with cash, securities, or other assets, trust gifts are tax-deductible as allowed by law and may offer tax benefits based on the type of asset used and the donor’s specific situation. Some examples of trust agreements include Charitable Gift Annuities, Remainder Trusts, and Lead Trusts. We are happy to answer any questions related to gifts of this nature.