The Program Advisory Board (PAB) is a volunteer service organization that provides a forum for communication between the Computer Science and Information Technology faculty at Athens State University (CSIT@ASU) and the commercial community.
Mission of the Board
There are three main areas to the mission of the Computer Science/Information Technology Program Advisory Board is:
- Promote collaboration between the department and industry
- Provide feedback to the department to ensure that Computer Science/Information Technology is meeting the industry’s needs
- Promote awareness of departmental activities and faculty expertise throughout the industry.
The Program Advisory Board consists of senior-level technical managers and executives from corporations and other organizations located in Northern Alabama. The board holds meetings at least once a semester (Fall, Spring). The objectives of these meetings are:
- To assist in the development, review, and implementation of short- and long-range department plans.
- To provide feedback on matters of curriculum, facilities, and student quality.
- To provide Board Members with a conduit to Computer Science/Information Technology students and Alumni.
- To assist in the promotion of Computer Science/Information Technology within Program Advisory Board Member organizations.