Business Degree Central has included Athens State’s Accounting Program in the following 2021 Business Degree Central rankings:
- Best Value Accounting Bachelor’s Degree Schools in Alabama – #1
- Best Value Accounting Schools in Alabama – #2
- Best Accounting Schools in Alabama – #4
- Best Value Accounting Bachelor’s Degree Schools in the Southeast Region – #7
- Most Popular Online Accounting Schools in the Southeast Region – #21
- Best Value Accounting Schools in the Southeast Region – #37
The mission of the Accounting Department is to provide programs that prepare students for careers as professional accountants in public practice, industry, and other areas, and for advancement into graduate programs. This is achieved by maintaining high academic standards, superior teaching, significant service, continuous improvement, high ethical standards, and the use of effective technology.
Athens State’s Accounting program is offered both online and on-campus. Students who complete the Accounting major (no minor) will meet all of the requirements to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam in the State of Alabama. In addition, students who complete either Accounting major (with minor or without) will meet the requirements to sit for the Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and other accounting certifications.