Five Athens State accounting students have been awarded scholarships from the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA) to be used on educational expenses during the 2021-2022 academic year. According to Zack Camerio, the Director of Public Relations & Membership at the ASCPA, our students were awarded more scholarships than any other college or university in Alabama.
The Athens State ASCPA Educational Foundation award winners include:
- Raegan Ballinger – $4,250
- Victoria Johnston – $4,250
- Elijah Taylor – $2,000
- Dakoda Tidmore – $2,000
- Kayla Watwood – $2,000
In addition to the requirements of submitting an application and essay, transcripts, and a faculty recommendation letter, students also had to meet the following criteria to be invited to apply for the scholarships:
- Have declared a major in accounting
- Have a 3.0 overall average GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Have a strong interest in public accounting in Alabama
- Have at least one full year of school left
- Plan to pursue the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
Congratulations to these students on their accomplishments!