Many college graduates choose to further their education through master’s programs. Graduate aid helps fill the gap between the cost of attending Athens State and the amount that a student is able to contribute.
To be considered for financial aid, students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- must be a U. S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- must be registered with Selective Service (if required).
- must be accepted for admission to a graduate program as a degree-seeking student.
- must be enrolled as a degree-seeking graduate student in at least six (6) semester hours.
- must maintain satisfactory academic progress (see below).
- must not in be in default on a federal student loan or owe a repayment of Title IV federal aid funds.
- must not be receiving aid at more than one school during the same enrollment period.
Whenever possible, aid will be offered to meet the full amount of the student’s eligibility.