Frequently Asked Questions

What are your hours?

We are open Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Where is the Physical Plant department located?

The Physical Plant Department is located at 527 East Hobbs Street. This location is on the south east side of the Carter Physical Education Building.

How do I submit a work order request?

In an effort to provide a better level of service relating to the Physical Plant department, we have partnered with the Academic Technology Services department and have developed a web-based format for requesting Physical Plant work order requests. You must email all non-emergency requests to to submit a work order to the Physical Plant Department.

I locked my keys in my office by mistake. How do I get in?

You should contact Athens State University Security and request their assistance.

I would like to have my office area, bookshelves, filing cabinets and window sills dusted. Do the custodians do that?

Yes, this is included in their normal tasks.

What constitutes a building related emergency?

An emergency is defined by the interruption of a building service that could result in significant personal or property damage, or when it interferes with a critical program or system. An emergency can be a roof leak, smelling of smoke or gas, an electrical circuit breaker “tripping out” in a classroom, a toilet running over, or a plugged toilet where there are no other toilet facilities available.

For emergency work requests, call 256-216-5341, 256-216-5342 or 256-216-5343.

How do I report an unsafe condition I’ve observed on the campus?

Unsafe conditions should be reported immediately to the physical plant maintenance office at 256-216-5341, 256-216-5342 or 256-216-5343.