To make transferring to Athens State easy and efficient, the Student Success Center provides a central location to receive bachelor’s degree advising.
As an upper-division institution, every student attending Athens State brings with them transfer credit.
Students should utilize the center to navigate:
- transferring of credit hours for the fulfillment of general education core credit hour degree requirements
- first semester(s) of coursework planning for degree requirements
- usage of Degree Works (self-guided student advising tool: How To & Access)
- overview of degree preparation
- university policies and procedures
- university resources and student support
- general information
New students are encouraged to contact a Student Success Center counselors upon completion of an admission application, declaring a major and requesting transcripts from every college attended.
Student Success Center
Sandridge Student Center, 1st Floor
8:00 am (CT) – 4:30 pm (CT), Mon – Fri
Walk-ins are welcome; however, to ensure you are able to see a counselor appointments are recommended.
Student Success Center Staff
College of Arts and Sciences Counselor
(Including secondary education majors in art, biology, chemistry, English, history, math and social science)
College of Business Counselor
College of Education Student Success Coach