For complete details on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 information site.
Retirement Systems of Alabama (RSA)
The Retirement Systems of Alabama (RSA)/PEEHIP has a dedicated phone number to call should you have any immediate issues with Teachers Retirement. Please do expect delays in calls being answered as medical-related inquiries will receive priority.
- RSA COVID-19 Information
- RSA helpline: 1-334-517-7000 or toll-free at 1-877-517-0020
- Retirement Application Deadline. Many employees are reporting difficulty completing retirement paperwork due to not having access to their payroll offices for employer certification or notary services. Retirement applications must be submitted 30 to 90 days prior to the retirement date. During this unusual time, RSA will accept the retirement applications and option selection forms for processing as long as the member has completed and signed their portion of the form. RSA will return forms to members for notarization at a future date. To meet the filing deadline, members may submit the forms to RSA by mail at the address listed on the form, by fax at 877-517-0021, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Members must still mail the original documents to TRS.
PEEHIP Medical Insurance/BlueCross BlueShield of Alabama
If you have an URGENT PEEHIP insurance issue that requires immediate attention, you may call 334-517-7000 or 877-517-0020. Although the PEEHIP staff is making every effort to assist you as soon as possible, please be aware that there may be significant delays in answering calls. Also please be aware that inquiries related to immediate medical situations will take priority, so if your call is related to a need for medication or access to medical care through your PEEHIP insurance, please hold on the line until someone answers your call.
Employees with PEEHIP medical insurance have access to BCBS’s New Directions’ emotional line, a free and confidential 24/7 mental health helpline staffed by trained and caring professionals ready to guide you to the care you need. Additional Crisis Resources are also available on their website.
- Crisis Resources via New Directions
- Emotional Support Number: 1-833-848-1764
PEEHIP members enrolled in the PEEHIP Hospital Medical Plan Group #14000, VIVA Health Plan, or Human Group Medicare Advantage (PPO) Plan has access to teleconsultation benefits as described on the PEEHIP website. Eligible employees will have access to US board-certified doctors through video or phone visits 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Visit the Peehip Teledoc website for details
- Access your Choose Well, Live Well wellness program or call Sharecare at 877-342-6809.
- Visit the Peehip Wellness website for details