The Office of Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs serves as the intersection between faculty, staff, and student communities and is primarily responsible for promoting excellence in all academic programs.
The Office creates and supports an environment that advances the University’s mission of providing high-quality and affordable education to all students. In close collaboration with the University Board of Trustees, the President, College Deans, faculty, and staff, the Provost’s Office oversees the strategic planning of academic programs, policy development and review, program assessment, institutional effectiveness, and faculty and student development.
A number of academic and administrative units report to Academic Affairs:
Guided by the University’s driving force of helping students finish what they started, Academic Affairs is committed to the achievement of the following goals:
- Promote a dynamic learning environment that prepares students to be knowledgeable, articulate, and understanding of a diverse and changing world.
- Support the recruitment, development, and retention of competent students and faculty.
- Create a culture of assessment to achieve optimal institutional effectiveness.
- Create an inclusive environment that extends to all members of the University community.
The Office of Academic Affairs is located on the third floor of McCandless Hall.
See the Undergraduate Catalog, Graduate Catalog, or Policy Library for information on Academic Policies.
Lee VartanianInterim Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Phone:256-216-6608 Phone:256-216-6608
- Department:Office of the Provost
McCain Hall, Room 112