Transfer of Academic Credits

Transferred courses and/or credits used to meet approved program requirements in professional studies, instructional support, or other approved program requirements (other than general education courses and Arts and Sciences courses used to meet academic major requirements) must have been completed at a regionally accredited institution that prepares teachers on the same degree level of certification.

The College of Education has designated specific courses in which transfer courses and/or credits are not accepted. For a complete list of these courses.

Courses, credits, and/or degrees accepted from institutions outside the United States shall be substantiated by an evaluation of the foreign credentials from a state, federal, or private foreign credential evaluation service recognized by the Alabama State Department of Education Teacher Education and Certification Office. The evaluation must show that courses, credits, and/or degrees were earned at an institution equivalent to a regionally accredited institution in the United States.

Remedial coursework is not accepted for transfer and cannot be used to meet program requirements. It may, however, fulfill prerequisite requirements, if applicable.

For additional assistance regarding transfer courses and/or credits, please contact your advisor.