Athens State University (ATSU), Calhoun Community College (CCC), and Drake State Technical and Community College (DRAKE) have partnered together to offer the Fast-Track BSN Program. The Fast-Track program is for motivated students who are eligible to enroll at both Athens State and either CCC or DRAKE and concurrently earn an Associate Degree in Nursing and a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing. Upon completion of the program of study, both degrees will be awarded by the respective college.
Fast-Track BSN Admission Requirements
Minimum Admission Criteria:
- Be unconditionally admitted to Athens State University and respective Community College.
- Students must be in good standing with Athens State University and their respective Community College.
- Receipt of complete nursing application by the posted deadline.
- Meet eligibility criteria for nursing.
- All academic courses must be completed prior to the application deadline.
- Minimum of 2.5 Cumulative GPA on all College Work (Calhoun), Minimum of 2.0 Cumulative GPA on all College Work (Drake)
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA for nursing required academic core courses
- 9 Semesters Total; other progression options available
- Full-time enrollment status between respective Community College and and Athens State University courses in semesters 5-9 if concurrent completion; other progression options are available for semesters 6-9
- Community College courses are face-to-face and include class, lab and clinical
- RN License eligibility earned with A.D.N. program completion
- Athens State University courses are 100% online in the BSN program
- RN license requirement is waived for enrollment
- Most affordable BSN program in the state
- Eligible for Scholarships at both institutions
- Participate in Graduation and Pinning Ceremonies at both institutions.
Calhoun Community College Contact
Drake State Community and Technical College Contact
Athens State Contact
Dr. Mark Reynolds, Chief Nurse Administrator