Empowerment Scholarships are awarded based on eligibility and availability of funds on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Fall 2021 Awarding begins April 1
Spring 2022 Awarding Begins November 1
How do I apply?
Just complete an admission application with a start-term of Fall or Spring! No separate scholarship application required! Then make sure you meet eligibility requirements (see below).
Am I eligible?
To be offered the Empowerment Scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Have an active application for the Fall or Spring semester with the Office of Admissions
- Be a first-time undergraduate student at Athens State
- Be seeking your first bachelor’s degree
- Have earned at least 36 college credits
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00
- Have a processed FAFSA on file with the Office of Student Financial Aid
- Have an EFC (provided by the FAFSA) no greater than 1500
Make sure to submit all your official transcripts as soon as possible as the deadline is quickly approaching!
Please Note: Even if all requirements to be offered a scholarship are met, no scholarships are guaranteed. Scholarships are awarded based on eligibility and availability of funds on a first-come, first-serve basis.
How do I accept the scholarship?
If eligible, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to accept your scholarship. You must complete all actions required in the timeframe given or your offer will be canceled.
How is the scholarship applied against my semester balance?
All official transcripts must be received and evaluated by Athens State by the first day of the semester. If all of your official transcripts are not evaluated by the first day of the semester, then your scholarship is canceled. If after all official transcripts are evaluated you no longer meet the criteria of eligibility, your scholarship will be canceled.
Please note: In some cases, it could take over two weeks to evaluate an official transcript. Please do not delay in submitting.